Window tinting Fullerton CA has gone from a modification meant only for aesthetic purposes to all sorts of other functions. While window tints still offer visual appeal, it has also provided users with an additional layer of protection, security, and privacy. These make them an appealing window modification for cars or residential and commercial spaces.
But despite its popularity, many are still unaware of how it is done. Every tinting company has a different window tinting process. But there are three standards of procedure every tint installer must follow.
Consultation, if not the most, is one crucial procedure you must go through before having your windows tinted. By going through this process, you can get an idea of what window tint you want, how much it will cost, and how the installation will happen.
- Initial Inquiry: The whole consultation process begins once you contact a window tint company and inquire about their service.
- Consultation Schedule: You and the tint installer must agree on when you can meet their representative to discuss the details of your window tinting Anaheim inquiries.
- Assessment: During this assessment, you can tell the tint company representative about your needs and expectations.
- Window Inspection: The tinting professional must perform a window inspection to check your windows’ size, type, and condition. Moreover, this inspection is needed to identify possible mishaps that may occur during the tint installation.
- Tint Option Discussion: Window tints have various types, sizes, colors, and purposes. You may decide what kind of window tint you want to be installed in your windows by discussing your options during the consultation.
- Legal Restrictions: Each state has different laws on window tinting. Make sure that you discuss this with the tinting company to avoid penalties in the future.
- Customization: Based on your preferences, the window tint company may suggest customization options that align with your needs, preferences, and budget.
- Costing: You can ask for a detailed estimate of how much you must spend on the installation through consultation. This includes the material and labor costs, along with other additional services like removing existing tints.
- Schedule for Installation: If you are okay with everything–tint options, prices, services, etc.–then you may proceed with agreeing on a schedule for the tint installation.
- Contract and Agreement: This element is crucial for ensuring all discussions made are written on paper and will be followed. The contract must detail the scope of work, costs, warranty, and other terms.
- Follow-Up: Once done with the consultation, you or the tint company may follow up for any additional questions or clarifications before the installation date.
Once you have finalized all details relating to the tint option, costs, and services, you may proceed with the installation.
- Cleaning and Preparation of Windows: Before the tint installation, it is essential to have your windows cleaned. A glass free of dirt ensures that the window tint adhesive will properly stick.
- Applying and Trimming Window Tint: The window tint will then be measured before applying to the window surface. All excess material will be trimmed to ensure a seamless and flawless finish.
- Finishing Touches: For the finishing touches, a squeegee is typically used to ensure that the film sits perfectly in your windows. This process can squeeze out unnecessary air bubbles.
After installation, the window tinting company must provide aftercare tips on how to properly maintain your tinted windows.
- Curing Time: Give your tinted windows 3-4 days before rolling them down and at least a week or more before cleaning. This is to ensure that the window tint adhesive has been fully cured. Cleaning or rolling down your tinted windows before the film completely adheres to the glass may cause peeling or bubbling, resulting in the tint losing its hold.
- Air Bubbles: Air bubbles typically occur during the first few weeks of the tint installation. This is because of moisture forming between the glass and the tint. But there is no need to worry and fix it as they evaporate within a few days.
- Cleaning: When cleaning, avoid harsh chemicals like ammonia-based products, as this can damage your window tints. You must also avoid using abrasive cleaning tools like brushes, paper towels, newspapers, etc.
- Stickers and Decals: While it is always nice to add some personal touches to your vehicle, it is not advisable to place stickers and decals on the tinted surfaces of your windows. This is because the glue used in these products may cause peeling, discoloration, and adhesive residue on your newly tinted windows.
- Maintenance and Repairs: Maintaining tinted windows is not at all difficult. However, they will need some extra care. That said, ensure that your chosen window tint company has offered warranty coverage for maintenance. Moreover, warranties can also provide a safety net for possible damage repairs.
Although some may think window tinting is just an additional expense, its advantages outweigh its initial costs. Just by the intricacy of its processes, you can already vouch that it will be a worthy investment. You just have to know the right window tint expert to approach.
OC Tintz is a name you can trust when it comes to window tinting. Located in the heart of Orange Country, OC Tintz has provided its clients with only the best window tinting products and services. Therefore, if you want an expert guiding you throughout your window tint journey, we are the right company for you.
Visit our website at https://octintz.com/ for more information.